Paper submission, review process, and publication
Paper submission is not requested to present at SSPCR 2022. However, the Scientific Committee encourages presenting authors to further elaborate their research into a scientific paper. After the SSPCR 2022 Conference, you will have the opportunity to submit a paper related to the presentation you gave or the poster you showed.
Several publishing opportunities are available, based on conference sessions. Article Processing Charge (APC) is not included in the SSPCR 2022 conference fee (see Registration and fee).
Peer-reviewed short papers (12 pages max: 10 text + 2 references) – Regular Sessions/Special Sessions
- The SSPCR conference proceedings will be published in Open Access by SPRINGER within the book series “Springer – Green Energy and Technology”(ISSN: 1865-3529) and indexed in the SCOPUS database. See Results of SSPCR 2019 as an example.
- Peer Review: submitted short papers will be subject to a blind peer-review process (only authors attending the conference can submit). Papers that pass the peer review process will be selected by the Scientific Committee to be included in the official conference proceedings SSPCR 2022.
- Article Processing Charge (APC) will be charged by Eurac Research to authors (approximately 400 € / 500 € +VAT per paper depending on number of pages).
- Timing: the short papers submission to “Results of SSPCR 2022” will be open from August 2022 to October 2022.
Peer-reviewed full papers – Regular Sessions/Special Sessions
Peer-reviewed full papers on special Issues – Special Sessions
Authors presenting in special sessions are encouraged to submit an original research paper on the following special issues in selected journals.
***This section is constantly updated, please check from time to time***
Track 1 – Special session 1: “Planning and Implementing Positive Energy Districts from Concept to Practice: Mapping of Characteristics, Technologies, Stakeholders, Methods and Processes”
Track 2 – Special session 1: “ESG criteria as innovation drivers to build value along with real estate retrofit and urban transformation processes”
Track 2 – Special session 2: “Towards a sustainability assessment of Positive Energy Districts: methodologies, case studies, and applications”
Track 3 – Special session 1: “The Future Of Smart Cities In A Climate Neutral Scenario”
Track 3 – Special session 2: “Augmented Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) for Cities: Embedding technologies for improving NBS performance and fostering social inclusion in urban greening strategies”
Track 4 – Special session 4: “The territorial dimension of ESG challenges in energy communities and “just” transition practices”
- Special Issue “Place-baced Just Transition: exploring the link between policies and practices in Southern Europe” for the European Journal of Spatial Development
- Timing: the papers submission is open until the 20th of March 2023.
Track 5 – Special session 4: “New approaches and methods to preserve and enhance long-distance walking routes”
- Plurimondi -Issue n. 20
- Article Processing Charge (APC): “Plurimondi” publishes its contents with Open Access and does not include costs (APC) for the submission of the articles. It is recognized by ANVUR as a scientific journal for the Area 08 – Civil Engineering and Architecture.
- Timing: the papers submission is open from the 1st of May 2022 to the 31st of October 2022.
Track 7 – Special session 1: “Climate justice in future cities: geographical perspectives for inclusive urban resilience and adaptation”
- To be defined
- Article Processing Charge (APC): to be defined
- Timing: to be defined