Thursday, 12th December from 9:00 to 11:00 | Seminar room 5
The present session proposal aims to collect contributions on the application of circular economy’s principles to urban development, with a multiscale approach. Specifically, the main, but not exclusive focus, will be the economic feasibility and planning case studies of interventions promoting a diverse paradigm than the “traditional linear extract-produce-use-dump material and energy flow model of the modern economic system which is problematic in terms of economic, social and environmental sustainability” (Korhonen et al., 2018: p. 544).
This special session is organized by the University of Padova under the THEMATIC TRACK 3 – New value propositions in times of urban innovation ecosystems and sharing economies
For additional information, please contact the session organizers.
Format: Traditional, 5-speakers session
Keywords: circular economy, landfill mining, urban resilience, environmental valuation
Session number: 4143
T3.2 (Marella) – Thursday, 12th December from 9:00 to 11:00 | Seminar room 5
- 4157 Sturiale, Luisa – The circular approach to climate change in metropolitan cities
- 4172 Andreucci, Maria Beatrice – Assessing integrated circular actions as nexus solutions across different urban challenges: evidence towards a city-sensitive circular economy
- 4275 Kim, Younghyun – Internet of Things (IoT) as Enabler of Circular Economy at the Urban Scale – Case Study of the Fashion Industry in New York City
- 4290 Antoniucci, Valentina – From contingent valuation to benefit transfer: a literature review of the assessment of environmental goods
- 4295 Mangialardo, Alessia – Build or reuse? Forms of regeneration of the built environment and the real estate market in Italy
- 4300 Suzuki, Shinya – Management of disaster waste from earthquakes in the Circular Economy. Approaches in Japan and Italy
- 4316 Wieszczeczynska, Katarzyna – Housing and Sustainable Development Goals: optimizing housing life cycle through a circular economy approach